The first official day of fall is September 22. Are you and your wardrobe ready for the cooler weather? When you’re looking to add to your wardrobe, you should fill your closet with pieces that are classic, transitional, and versatile enough to even wear all year-round. Here are our top 8 fall must haves.
1. A Cashmere Knit- Everyone deserves the soft and luxurious feel of an amazing cashmere sweater. We wouldn’t consider it a treat, but more of a necessity, especially when you consider how long cashmere lasts. Can you believe with proper care a cashmere sweater can last for up to 30 years? Have an important meeting coming up? Pair your newly bought sweater with a pleated skirt and nice blouse. Your sweater will also match well with a nice pair of denim pants.
2. Denim Shirt / Jacket- You will automatically look put-together in a denim shirt and pretty much anything else. It’s no lie denim pairs with anything. Whether it be a denim shirt that you are pairing with your favorite skirt and ankle boots, or a denim jacket that you are putting under a trench coat for extra layering. You are bound to be a showstopper.
3. Neutral Sneakers- When it comes to dressing up a pair of neutral colored sneakers is a must have. Whether they are white, tan, or any other earth toned shoes, you can wear them with outfits that are more refined, as opposed to going for the sneaker and tee look. You can do this by wearing them with a midi-length skirt. You can go more professional and pair them with a blazer, or even rock your sneakers a longer hemline and wearing high top sneakers, just to play with proportions just a tad. Whatever you choose to do, you can do them in your sneakers, and in style.
4. A Printed Dress- Fall is the best time of the year to play with prints, especially dresses. There are so many layering possibilities. You can rock them over your solid colored pants, tights, turtlenecks and whatever other creations you can think up. Instead of wearing leopard print accessories, try wearing a leopard print dress and opt for more muted accessories.
5. A Blazer- Fall is all about the ability to layer clothes like a pro. You know your favorite summer dress that you want to wear a tad bit longer? Slide a blazer over top of it and you’ll be golden. Quite like a nice pair of chino pants, a blazer fits right in the middle of formal and casual. Besides fashionable, blazers provide enough coverage to keep you warm. One way to figure out which blazer to wear with which outfit always pay attention to the hemline. A longer hemline pairs well with pants, on the other hand, the hemline that falls between the waist and the hips pair well with high-waisted jeans and dresses
6. A Classic Coat- With fall around the corner, this means cooler temperatures in the mornings and the evenings. Now is the time to invest in a coat that will keep you, not only warm but stylishly on point. Whether you gravitate towards plush cashmere, a cozy shearling coat or an androgynous trench coat, these timeless pieces promise to grow with you as your style evolves. No matter if you’re heading out for a coffee date with friends, heading to work or even just running errands, you want something that will keep up with the versatility of your schedule.
7. A White Button Down- There is nothing simpler than a white button-down shirt. It has benefits as a blank slate and can be dressed up or down, knotted, or French tucked into your favorite pair of jeans. If your office requires professional wear, you can wear this shirt with a pencil skirt or dress pants. You could pair it with dark distressed jeans, or if you’re really feeling bold you can pair your button down with a pair of white jeans. The options when styling shirt like this are unlimited.
8. Ankle Boots– After years and years in the retail industry, we’ve found that ankle boots are the most worn item in Fall wardrobes. Ankle Boots are easily paired with jeans, dresses, skirts and just really elevate most of any outfits. They are versatile enough to be worn with jeans and a tee and can be dressy enough to wear to the office or even on a date.